Wonderopolis® announces dynamic group of ambassadors
We are thrilled to announce the lineup of Wonderopolis Lead Ambassadors for the 2017-2018 school year! We carefully select a small number of experienced and passionate educators to represent Wonderopolis in their schools and communities, on social media, and as featured bloggers on the Wonder Ground.
Please meet our highly qualified team:
- Leticia Citizen (@citizensowls, website), 5th grade teacher in Arcadia, CA
- Michelle Cooper (@_MichelleCooper, website), Library Media Specialist in White Oak, TX
- Renee Cunningham (@MrsPageTurner), Professional Development Writer in Charlotte, NC
- Kristie Ennis (@KristieHEnnis, website), ELA Consultant for high school and college in Warrenville, IL
- Paul Hankins (@PaulWHankins, website), ELA 11th grade teacher in Sellersburg, IN
- Susan Hellard (@MrsHellardFCPS, website), 5th grade teacher in Frankfort, KY
- Delsia Malone (@Jonnai2, website), Education Specialist for OSR K-5 in Gadsden, AL
- Jen McDonough (@jenjmcdonough, website), K-4 Literacy Specialist in Jupiter, FL
- Krissy Pierce (@MrsKrissyPierce, website), Instructional Coach for 6-8 in Northbrook, IL
- Jennifer Rubin (@jrubinATX), 3rd grade teacher in Round Rock, TX
- Lisa Silmser, 5th grade teacher in Brooklyn Park, MN
- Robyn Thiessen (@robynthiessen, website), 3rd grade teacher in Abbotsford, BC (Canada)
- Olivia Van Ledtje (@TheLivBits, website), 5th grade student ambassador in Durham, NH
- Carol Varsalona (@cvarsalona, website), ELA Consultant K-12 and grad in Rockville Center, NY
- Christie Wyman (@WymansWonders, website), Kindergarten Teacher in Weston, MA
A special welcome to our newest members, Susan, Christie, and Olivia (Liv)!
Susan is in her 12th year teaching and is a National Board Certified educator. She has recently converted her classroom to flexible seating, so watch for pictures of her amazing learning environment!
Christie is a Grade Leader who has 20 years of teaching experience. Although she is a first year ambassador, she has long been an encourager of wonder. She is also a self-proclaimed vernal pool enthusiast (just ask).
Liv is our first ever student ambassador for Wonderopolis! A voracious reader, Liv shares book reviews and other content via @thelivbits. She is a blogger and speaker who spreads her love of wonder, literacy, and digital citizenship wherever she goes. Look for Liv’s blog, “Wonder with Olivia” on our main Wonderopolis page!
Profiles of all the Wonderopolis Lead Ambassadors can be found on the Wonder Ground at http://wg.wonderopolis.org/blog.
ABOUT WONDEROPOLIS AND THE WONDER GROUND
Wonderopolis® is a place where natural curiosity and imagination lead to exploration and discovery in learners of all ages. Our Wonders of the Day® are fun questions that provide learning opportunities for everyday life—ones that fit in with dinner preparations, carpool responsibilities, a stolen moment between breakfast and the bus, or within school curriculum and education programs. Content is aligned to CCSS, the STEM Educational Quality Framework, and Bloom’s Digital Taxonomy. Visit wonderopolis.org and its popular offshoot, camp.wonderopolis.org, and have fun WONDERing!
The Wonder Ground is a how-to guide for educators using Wonderopolis. Find blogs, lesson plans, correlations to standards, and ways to connect with other educators committed to high-interest, inquiry-based learning.
Leave a Reply