Adult Education Family Learning Specialist
Jun 20, 2017
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking a Family Learning Specialist to provide subject matter expertise in early adult education and parent engagement for family literacy programs. Underlying expertise in effective family engagement practices and the ability to create and deliver high-quality professional development are requirements. Experience working with low income and culturally diverse populations is highly desired.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a passion for NCFL's mission to address literacy challenges by engaging all family members in intergenerational learning, with a primary focus on parents and children living in poverty.
- Plans and delivers high quality, research-based, face-to-face and online professional development
- Plans and delivers high quality technical assistance in support of project goals, this includes site visits, calls, and online support
- Effectively communicates with educators and partners in both written and oral formats
- Supports the annual national Families Learning Conference
- Participates as a team member in the development and implementation of NCFL services on a variety of efforts which may include
- New programs focusing on family learning
- Opportunities to promote reading and early acquisition of reading skills as well as the parent's role in supporting literacy
- Provides technical writing of online and print training materials
- Recognizes and takes advantage of appropriate opportunities to advance the work in the fields of adult education and family literacy
- Attends organization and industry-related meetings, as required
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with NCFL's mission
- Functions as a contributing member of work teams as assigned
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree or higher (Master's degree, preferred) in adult education or education-related field
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English and other languages as applicable
- Three years teaching (or equivalent) experience preferred
- Demonstrated experience in designing educational materials and delivering professional development
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in program implementation
- A strong and highly proficient technical knowledge in adult learning theory, adult education and family literacy
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse audiences, ensuring all participants feel respected and valued
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently on varied projects simultaneously
- Ability to effectively utilize technology in an educational environment
- Ability to travel including evenings and occasional weekends for up to 50% of the time
- The location of this position is in Louisville, KY
Applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com
Integrity HR, Inc. is our HR partner that works with us to help us with filling our position openings.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL's Mission and 2-Generation Strategies, click here.
The deadline for submitting your resume is July 21, 2017.