Accounts Payable Specialist
Jul 6, 2017
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist. The A/P Specialist will be responsible for the Accounts Payable function including weekly expense report reconciliations, reimbursements, payables to vendors and contractors, and other duties as assigned. The Accounts Payable Specialist will also manage the Purchase Order system and ensure all information is accurately processed with necessary supervisory approvals, including gathering purchase orders, charge slips, sales tickets, and related documents in order to prepare payments.
- Maintains the upkeep of all aspects of day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes including but not limited to: A/P, Credit Card Payables, Benefits Payables, and other necessary journal entries in accordance with GAAP.
- Processes vendor invoices, payments, and credit card reconciliations according to GAAP and organizational policies. Reviews all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Audits and processes company credit card bills. Reconciles each transaction on the credit card statements and matches it to related purchase orders, receipts, etc.
- Prepares and performs check runs and processes electronic payments.
- Corresponds with vendors and responds to inquiries as needed.
- Receives and deposits all organizational revenue including cash and checks.
- Works closely with Controller to provide all necessary information that will assist in the execution of month-end and year-end closing procedures and postings.
- Assists the Controller in determining and gathering appropriate information for financial and grant reporting.
- Works closely with the accounting/finance department as a team member to ensure that all financial information is prepared for year-end audit and IRS 990 and other state filings.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
- Maintains vendor master files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, according to organization policy and GAAP.
- Performs 1099 maintenance and annual filings.
- Assists in maintaining accounting procedures and policies and systems of internal controls to ensure the integrity of all financial systems.
- Communicates with co-workers, management, clients, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ensures that all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions are followed.
- Executes the day-to-day activities of the accounting/finance function including audit preparation and assistance in budget planning.
- Works closely with the Controller and other Accounting Assistant and participates in weekly finance meetings to discuss performance, processes, and other finance related activities.
- Assists in preparing and providing information to external auditors for the annual audit.
- Complies with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Works collaboratively with the team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A degree in accounting or finance; non-profit and/or government experience highly desirable. Post-high school training in accounting and finance required.
- Demonstrated experience with Great Plains software or related accounting software, fund accounting, and at least five years of hands-on accounting/bookkeeping experience highly desirable.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with advanced working knowledge of Excel, specifically including complex formulas.
- Demonstrated and proven team-building experience in accounting/finance, including working internally and externally to achieve superior results.
- Substantial experience in administering and implementing financial processes to improve efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a friendly and cooperative work style.
Applicants should submit their resume to email@example.com.
Integrity HR, Inc. is our HR partner that works with us to help us with filling our position openings.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at www.familieslearning.org.
The deadline for applying for this position is: July 27, 2017.