Director of Place Based Initiatives
Jun 8, 2018
NCFL is seeking a Director of Place Based Initiatives to join the team! The Director of Place Based Initiatives is responsible for directing NCFL's place-based initiatives, including its signature family literacy program, as well as NCFL's portfolio of family engagement services for communities and school districts. The position requires program creation and planning, funder reporting, supervision of subject matter experts, and the planning and monitoring of program budgets. Travel of up to 30% per year is required.
Come join a talented team with an inspiring mission! The National Center for Families Learning envisions a world in which all families are provided opportunities to improve their lives and become strong contributors to society. We address our nation's literacy challenges by engaging all family members in learning, with a primary focus on parents and children living in poverty. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: http://www.familieslearning.org/
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Plan and manage signature NCFL family literacy and learning programs, including project budgets.
- Manage team and participate as cross-functional contributor (content lead) to the program's related on and offline initiatives.
- Maintain contact and provide support for NCFL's Continuing Partners network, which represents organizations serving families spanning 39 states and 150 communities.
- Implement programs successfully by observing and implementing the tenets of continuous improvement.
- Design and implement data collection processes, create annual logic models and work plans, collect, formulate and write key information to further NCFL's mission and agenda for literacy and families, inform regional/national work and thinking.
- Work with local and national partners to further NCFL's mission to eradicate poverty through family-based education solutions.
- Perform budget planning, analysis and collaboration with finance area.
- Promotes a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Works collaboratively with the team to integrate cross program activities and functions.
- Helps to promote NCFL and its values and provides support in reaching its goals.
- A Master's degree or higher with specialization in Education, Human Services, Family Engagement, or a related field.
- Substantial experience in administering a portfolio of programs and managing diverse and skilled staff.
- Extensive knowledge of family literacy, family engagement, education, and human services.
- Familiarity with NCFL's mission and work.
- Demonstrated and proven leadership experience in executing education and human service programming, including working internally and externally to achieve superior results.
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the time during the year, including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to build strong community coalitions around family-based programming.
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in finance, planning, and operations.
- Demonstrated drive to solve problems in a team environment with a high energy leadership approach.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer located in Louisville, KY and is committed to workplace diversity. This is a full-time opportunity. NCFL offers a competitive benefits package for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement planning, and more.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and expected salary range to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or Lauren@integrityhr.com to be considered. Integrity HR, Inc. is our HR partner that works with us to help us with filling our position openings.