Digital Communications Manager
Aug 17, 2018
NCFL is seeking a Digital Communications Manager to join the team! The Digital Communications Manager supports development of and manages execution of NCFL's digital communications strategies, systems, and channels. This position works with the Director of Communications to continually align messaging with communications strategies and goals. The Digital Communications Manager liaises with the communications team and NCFL staff as appropriate to fulfill strategic plan of department. This position works from the Louisville office.
Come join a talented team with an inspiring mission! The National Center for Families Learning envisions a world in which all families are provided opportunities to improve their lives and become strong contributors to society. We address our nation's literacy challenges by engaging all family members in learning, with a primary focus on parents and children living in poverty. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: http://www.familieslearning.org/
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Director of Communications to develop, execute, and manage a robust social media strategy that aligns with the NCFL communications plan, that positions NCFL as the go-to expert in family learning and family literacy content, and fosters online engagement.
- In conjunction with story-collection strategy, utilizes multi-media tools including simple video editing to share family stories.
- Develops a strategy for increasing email subscribers and manages on-going updates to the lists.
- In consultation with the communications director and other NCFL staff, gathers information, writes and edits compelling stories, blog posts, and other communications representing NCFL programs and the mission in action.
- Manages organization's internal Communications calendar.
- Manages monthly editorial meetings with cross-sector internal team, ensuring Communications calendar is up to date in advance of meeting, and managing appropriate follow-up from meeting.
- Coordinates e-newsletter through writing content and/or coordinating with other subject matter experts to publish twice a month.
- Creates website copy updates as appropriate.
- Serves as one of NCFL's primary proofreaders for a wide variety of materials and online properties.
- Participates in a wide variety of special projects and compiles a variety of special reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in communications or related field.
- 3 years of communication related experience.
- Strong understanding of all areas of marketing and communications.
- Experience in creating and developing social media communications across channels, including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter.
- Experience utilizing WordPress, Microsoft Office Suite, and Hootsuite.
- Demonstrated and proven team-building experience in communication, including working internally and externally to achieve superior results.
- Demonstrated experience in maintaining a professional, friendly and cooperative work style.
NCFL is located in Louisville, Kentucky. This is a full-time opportunity. NCFL offers a competitive benefits package for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement planning, and more.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and expected salary range. Please go to https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/16da435d for instructions on how to apply.