Sep 6, 2018
The National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) seeks a Content Creator to join our Wonderopolis.org and education team! The Content Creator will work with an energetic team to provide creative contributions to the Wonderopolis Universe and related educational content. This position works within an established education team to align Wonderopolis content with NCFL strategies and mission, and to continue the high standards set forth for our award-winning website for children and parents. The Content Creator will work in a cross-division atmosphere, collaborating with educators, the creative team, and communications staff.
NCFL envisions a world in which all families are provided opportunities to improve their lives and become strong contributors to society. We address our nation's literacy challenges by engaging family members in learning, with a primary focus on families living in poverty. To learn more about our nonprofit organization, please visit our website: http://www.familieslearning.org/.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reports to the Senior Director of Education/Curriculum Development. Works under the guidance of the Senior Director and the Wonderopolis Community Manager.
- Contributes to the cross-division work of the Wonderopolis and Camp Wonderopolis creative team.
- Researches and creates fresh content daily (Wonders of the Day) for the Wonderopolis.org website.
- Writes and targets educational content for lower- to mid-elementary grade levels for Wonderopolis.org (Wonders of the Day) and Camp Wonderopolis.
- Co-creates, writes, and/or edits educational content for NCFL publications working with internal and external authors.
- Writes and develops creative and engaging materials for children, families, and education professionals.
- Serves as an editor/proofreader for a variety of NCFL materials and projects.
- Ensures created content meets internal guidelines for publication in print and on digital platforms.
- Fact-checks copy for accuracy, grade-level reading, and cultural sensitivity.
- Manages timelines for content development within the Wonderopolis Universe and other educational content creation for NCFL.
- Participates in special creative writing projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strongly demonstrated experiences in both education and writing with an earned degree in one of the following: education, early childhood education (preschool through elementary), educational programming, English or reading specialization, communications, journalism, creative writing, or related fields.
- 3 years minimum experience working in educational programming.
- 3 years minimum experience writing creative print or digital content (education related, preferred).
- Strong working knowledge of grade-level reading, kindergarten through 5th grade, and education standards.
- Ability to write and produce content in advance of a daily deadline.
- Experience in creating content, uploading content to digital platforms, and choosing related visual media.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of various writing styles, including AP and APA manuals of style.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and sensitivity to writing for diverse audiences.
- Knowledge of product design and marketing a plus.
NCFL is located in Louisville, Kentucky. This is a full-time opportunity. NCFL offers a competitive benefits package for full-time associates including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, retirement planning, and more.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and expected salary range. Please go to https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/8a5e6e06 for instructions on how to apply.