Accounts Payable Specialist
Oct 4, 2018
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking an Accounts Payable Specialist perform day to day bookkeeping and accounting functions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing the day to day bookkeeping and accounting processes in accordance with GAAP and organizational policies, including but not limited to the following:
- Perform journal entries for A/P, Credit Card payables, Benefits payables, etc.
- Process vendor invoices, payments, and credit card reconciliations
- Review invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment.
- Audit and process company credit card bills.
- Reconcile each transaction on credit card statements and match to related purchase orders, receipts, etc.
- Prepare and perform check runs and process electronic payments.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries as needed.
- Receive and deposit organizational revenue including cash and checks.
- Work closely with Controller to provide necessary information that will assist in the execution of month-end and year-end closing procedures and postings.
- Assist the Controller in determining and gathering appropriate information for financial and grant reporting.
- Work closely with the accounting/finance department to ensure that financial information is prepared for year-end audit and IRS 990 and other state filings.
- Participate in a wide variety of special projects and compile a variety of special reports.
- Perform administrative duties such as backing up the phone lines and processing incoming/outgoing mail, and attend weekly admin meetings.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Minimum education: High School Diploma or equivalent, with post-secondary formal training in accounting/finance
- Preferred education level achieved: Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum experience: 2 years of direct experience with accounting, finance, bookkeeping
- Preferred experience: at least 5 years of relevant experience
- Software experience: Advanced knowledge and skill using Microsoft Excel. Prefer experience with Great Plains or related accounting software.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at www.familieslearning.org.