This year's Families Learning Summit will bring two-generation family engagement to life for hundreds of attendees on October 17-19, 2016, in Detroit, Mich. The National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) has hand-picked sessions and speakers covering everything from early literacy to adult education, and digital learning to community coalitions and family engagement research.
Whether you're a veteran attendee or new to the Summit, you'll learn and grow with hundreds of peers working with students and families nationwide—and be inspired by the nation's leading experts and visionaries across the educational spectrum.
What's in store at NCFL's conference for literacy and learning professionals:
- Keynote speakers and panelists include Sonia Manzano ("Maria" on Sesame Street); Dale Dougherty (Maker Media, Inc.); Dana Suskind (30 Million Words); Anne Mosle (Aspen Ascend); and more.
- 90 concurrent sessions spanning two-generation programming to digital learning and STEM—from early childhood through adult education
- EdTech and Funder panels featuring the nation's experts, including
- Integrating technology in early learning and family-strengthening initiatives
- Funding local, regional, and national initiatives focused on two-generation solutions that serve children and families
- Special strands of sessions exploring
- Programs serving American Indian/Alaskan Native families (FACE)
- Inquiry-based learning (Wonderopolis)
- Community literacy coalitions (Literacy Funders Network)
- Adult education (COABE)
- Research impacting family engagement (Goodling Institute)
- Full access to the PNC Makerspace Lounge
- Complimentary Toyota banquet and closing luncheon
- Dine-Around networking opportunities
NCFL's annual event for two-generation literacy and learning solutions promises to have something for everyone: a world-class list of speakers, live learning experiments, national social media experts, networking, and high quality sessions featuring the latest in two-generation learning and literacy.
Cost to attend the Summit is $500.