Director of Information Technology
Oct 24, 2018
The National Center for Families Learning (NCFL) is seeking a leader who will leverage their skills to make a difference within our organization as Director of Information Technology (IT). We are searching for a qualified, highly motivated person to lead the organization’s overall IT efforts including strategy, policies and procedures, infrastructure, data/server management, security, user experience, and education and training for all staff.
NCFL envisions a world in which all families are provided opportunities to improve their lives and become strong contributors to society. We address our nation's literacy challenges by engaging family members in learning, with a primary focus on families living in poverty. To learn more about our nonprofit organization, please visit our website:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead strategy related to information systems and technology resources for the organization, including directing business and technology alignment to help achieve organization’s strategic plan.
- Oversee the organization's IT operations, systems integration, desktop support, network administration, intranet, communications systems, and new technology development.
- Manage the purchasing, inventory, and maintenance of services and hardware/software assets.
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery plans and manage back-up, archiving and security systems.
- Lead onboarding of all new employees to ensure they are equipped with necessary and fully functional technology on day one.
- Develop and manage the department's budget.
- Interact with internal NCFL personnel and manage vendor relations to help resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Stay current in technology trends and advances to improve efficiency and quality of work of the organization.
- BS in Computer Science or Business Administration.
- Minimum of 5 years IT experience.
- Knowledge of and experience with process modeling, communications platforms, virtual networks, reengineering and systems analysis.
- Team-oriented mindset.
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced and changing environment.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively transfer knowledge and training related to IT systems to staff having diverse functions and skill-sets.
- Ability to prioritize work to meet timelines and deliver excellence.
- Experience managing external vendors and service providers.
Job Type: Full-time
- IT Management: 5 years (Required)
- Bachelor's (Required)
If interested, please apply online, or visit our website, and click on Careers.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at www.familieslearning.org.
Back to All Career Opportunities