Administrative Assistant – FACE
Nov 21, 2018
The Administrative Assistant position for the Family and Child Education (FACE) program is responsible for various administrative support duties and responsibilities to assist the oversight of 49 FACE programs across the nation that are located in American Indian communities. The person selected for this position will provide administrative support for project work activities, will correspond with program staff at the 49 FACE sites, will maintain inventory and processes, and will coordinate documents and reporting activities. This position will also communicate with sites via telephone and email messages as required.
NCFL envisions a world in which all families are provided opportunities to improve their lives and become strong contributors to society. We address our nation's literacy challenges by engaging family members in learning, with a primary focus on families living in poverty. To learn more about our nonprofit organization, please visit our website:
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains all records for the implementation of the FACE Program; including, but not limited to, program data, financial expenditures, project timelines, program reporting, program compliance, and assistance with other administration requirements.
- Will respond to all FACE communications via phone and e-mail, under direction from program administration.
- Orders and ships materials;
- Assists with logistical planning for programs.
- Proofs and edits program materials and publications.
- Negotiates with vendors to acquire the most economical price for services like printing and shipping.
- Schedules program meetings and provides all support needs for successful meetings.
- Attends and assists with the annual National Families Learning Conference.
- Functions as a contributing member of the FACE team and other teams, as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or executive leadership.
Standards of Performance:
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work methodically, accurately and neatly.
- Ability to work under stress and multitask to meet deadlines and remain focused to project completion.
- Good understanding of administrative support concepts.
- Interpersonal relationships which encourage openness, candor and trust, both internally and outside of NCFL.
- Self-motivated, confident, and creative.
- The ability to accurately proofread and edit documents.
- Demonstrated excellence in both oral and written communication skills.
- Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
- Maintenance of company information in a confidential manner.
Education, experience and training:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma or GED equivalent is required. An Associate Degree highly desired. Equivalent on-the job experience as an administrative assistant in an office environment may be substituted for the post high school education.
- A minimum of three years’ experience in an administrative support office function.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and ability to learn new software as necessary. Experience with website maintenance a plus.
- Ability to work within a team on-site and with remote staff.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Ability to travel minimally, but will attend conferences and seminars as required.
If interested, please apply online, or visit our website, and click on Careers.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at.
Back to All Career Opportunities