Family Learning Specialist
Oct 17, 2018
The National Center for Families Learning, a private nonprofit organization located in Louisville, KY, is seeking a Family Learning Specialist to provide subject matter for family literacy program staff which includes creating and delivering high quality and research-based print and digital materials, and providing on-site and online professional development.
Successful applicants will demonstrate a passion for NCFL's mission to address literacy challenges by engaging all family members in intergenerational learning, with a primary focus on parents and children living in poverty.
- Provides technical writing of online and print training materials.
- Delivers high-quality, research-based, on-site and online professional development.
- Develops curriculum to support program changes.
- Delivers high quality technical assistance in support of project goals.
- Participates as a team member in the development and delivery of professional development and technical assistance.
- Recognizes and takes advantage of appropriate opportunities to advance the work of the project team, the organization and the field of family literacy.
- Attends organization and industry-related meetings, as required.
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the organization's mission, and those of the project.
- Functions as a contributing member of the department's team.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management or executive leadership.
- Bachelor's degree or higher (Master's degree, preferred) in early childhood education, adult education or a related field with teaching certification highly desirable.
- Knowledge of adult education and adult learning theory is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing.
- Five years teaching experience preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in designing educational materials and delivering training.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in program implementation.
- A strong and highly proficient technical knowledge in at least three of the following. areas: adult education, early childhood education, elementary education, family engagement, family literacy, literacy development, parent education, assessment of instruction, using technology to support and/or facilitate learning.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse audiences, ensuring all participants feel respected and valued.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and efficiently on varied projects simultaneously.
- Ability to travel including occasional evenings and weekends for up to 30% of the time.
NCFL is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to workplace diversity. NCFL offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For information regarding NCFL, visit our website at www.familieslearning.org.Back to All Career Opportunities