Upcoming webinar: Using Language Justice to Uplift Family Voices
Language justice allows organizations to build capacity from within—benefitting from community leaders and parenting adults who have seen language as a barrier to their leadership and voice.
On August 26 at 11 a.m. MST/1 p.m. CDT/2 p.m. EDT, join NCFL for a webinar that will provide participants with the tools and resources they need to practice language justice in organizational and school settings.
Topics covered during this training will be:
- Language Justice Overview
- History of Language Oppression
- Preparing for a Multilingual Meeting
- Traps and Language to Avoid (Jargon, Acronyms, Euphemisms)
- Assumptions and Challenges that Arise with Language Justice
- Using Interpretation Equipment and Zoom Interpretation