The focus of the Family Health Fair event is a health fair to promote happy, healthy families. The intent of this event is to provide an opportunity for families to learn about community resources as they learn healthy habits. Community organizations provide numerous resources to promote and ensure healthy lifestyles. Families may be unaware of the various opportunities for support available to them. By including community organizations in this event, not only are families provided with valuable information, but they also learn about groups that can support them in their effort to raise a healthy family.
Agencies attending could include:
- The water company
- Food banks,
- Dental schools or dentists
- Local public health department
- Dance studios or exercise opportunities such as those offered by the recreation or health centers near the schools. Some schools will have partnerships with groups that promote movement and possibly provide student demonstrations.
- Garden clubs or the county extension agency
- Local family health centers
- Local library or literacy group
- Department of Natural Resources
- Park and recreation department of local government
- Recreation department of local university or college
- American Heart Association
- American Cancer Society
- National Arthritis Foundation
You also may want to have a school library station highlighting health-related books. You may choose to have grade level demonstrations or displays of student work. For example, 4th or 5th graders could demonstrate a science project related to water. There could be a display of all the reference (non-fiction) books that they used to support their premise. Students could include a computer-based demonstration of their ideas or project.